Regin - 1.14 - Dirty Laundry - Review: Just another day at French court.
‘Politics, backstabbing, murder, just another day at French court.’
Hey, Royals! I just want to say, don’t let the ratings get you down. We are renewed for another season already. I don’t think our demo or viewership numbers were all that bad, all things considered. Let’s just say that it was a perfect storm of low viewership.
First of all, in most places in US the weather has been pretty nice this week after a pretty hard winter coupled that fact with Daylight Savings Time and more people were bound to be out and about enjoying themselves. Next, it’s March Madness, so tons of pre-emptions for basketball games. Finally, The Vampire Diaries was a re-run and only managed a .3 in the demo, if I’m not mistaken. So, when it adjusted down to a .5 in the demo, I didn’t bat an eyelash.
I have every confidence we’ll be right back at a .7 in the demo next week.
One last thing I must say, the Frary moments were off the charts this week. Francis is seemingly making Mary very happy at the moment and since I’m here for Mary, I’m happy for the moment as well. But of course the Mash ship is not yet sunk and it seems Bash will still be around to have special moments with Mary so don’t fret just yet.
Well, let’s just jump right into this week’s episode of Reign…
Character of the Night – Mary
Best Character Interactions – Henry and Catherine were just priceless co-conspirators, weren’t they?
Line of the Night – Archduke Ferdinand of Bohemia (to Keena): You must meet my sister you two are cut from the same cloth.
Scene of the Night – Catherine gives Mary tips on how to get knocked up successfully.
Favorite Lady-in-Waiting – Greer, she’s about the only one I can stand at this point in the story, to be honest but she is a bore, time to spice her back up.
That Awkward Moment Award – That awkward moment when Reign channels it’s inner Game of Thrones and sends someone hurtling to their death, too bad the sister didn’t just wake up a paralyzed like Bran, that could have been very interesting.
1. Francis and Mary being genuinely happy at the beginning of the episode.
2. The servant girl calling Lola out about being the one looking for the information
3. Bash and Mary racing off to save Lola
4. Seeing Olivia all feral
5. Francis doting on Mary in the carriage
1. Mary: Politics, backstabbing, murder, just another day at French court.
2. Mary: I hope he’s safe and that he finds happiness.
3. Rowan: Didn’t you think it was strange that there were leaves on a patch of snow surrounded by evergreens?
4. Nostradamus: Nature isn’t malignant. Nature does not care. Only humans are malignant.
1. Catherine and Henry trying to clean up the blood and wondering how their clothes get clean.
2. Mary asking Francis if they have to go back to court.
3. Mary racing to stop Lola from getting an abortion and then Lola pleading with Mary to not tell Francis.
4. Keena congratulating Lola on getting knocked up by Francis and explaining all the perks.
5. Keena and Henry discuss the list of her suitors and Henry proposes the Archduke of Bohemia.
Biggest Surprises of the Episode
• Bash got a new love interest so quickly.
• Olivia killing a priest.
• I like Rowan.
Style Spotlight: Nothing really struck my fancy this week. If something struck your fancy, leave it in the comments below.
Tasty Tidbit: Henry sure does have a type, doesn’t he?
Fun Fact: Well, the writers sure did exceed my expectations for how long Bash was going to be gone. I guessed about an episode and a half and we get him in the very next episode.
• I hated Olivia’s “return” to court. It just felt like a plot device to help cover up Henry’s foul deed. Unless, of course, they are finally going to really get started on the creepy Supernatural elements. They keep teasing me and now it’s either time to poop or get off the chamber pot on this front. You guessed it; I’m just really ready to have Nostradamus in the forefront and not just as some healer, a major player with lots of screen time.
•Does it feel a little too late to be ramping up the supernatural element of the show?
•Do you believe Francis?
•Does Nostradamus really not believe in the supernatural? He gets visions, which is pretty much reveling in blasphemy is it not?
•Will Lola actually give birth to the baby? We were introduced to our out in the form of those suspicious herbs that Catherine has…
Side Notes: A little birdie told me gif recaps are all the rage. If you’d like me to give it a whirl next week, let me know in the comments below. Also, looking for fellow Royals to connect with on Twitter, so if you add your handle in the comments, I’ll follow you.
Don’t forget to live tweet with the show (@CWReign) and me (@lilithhellfire) every Thursday night at 9 pm EST.
Well, now it's your turn to sound off in the comments section below. I look forward to reading your thoughts.
PS: Don't forget to promote this and all interesting Reign articles in all the social media you can. For instance be sure to click the like button, retweet this and +1 this article if you like it and appreciate this reviewer's hard work.
Powered by Blogger.