Beauty and the Beast - 2.13 - Till Death - Review: Therein lies the rub.
Together we can save BATB
#SaveBATB – Important Trend Event - A Match Made in Heaven
Spend Valentine’s Day weekend fighting for the epic love that is VinCat! All the information can be found here.
#Save BATB – Talk Show Appearances – Get BATB on Wendy Williams
I know a talk show that is hip, popping, geared to our exact demo. It also has a large devoted audience as well as a lovable and outspoken host. I’m talking about The Wendy Williams Show. Did you know the show airs in over 52 countries around the world? Did you also know that Ms. Wendy is a sucker for an underdog? If we manage this, it would be a huge deal.
I'm not stopping there either, if successful, I plan on doing it all over again to get BATB on The Talk, The View and Kelly & Michael.
Want to join us? For more information on how to participate please visit my blog.
We’re going to need a whole lot of beasties to make it work so please spread this across all the social media platforms you can think of (Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Get Glue, etc.).
Don't sit around wishing you could make a difference, get involved!
Time to beast up and roar louder than ever before!
•Don’t forget to live tweet with the show (@cwbatb) every Monday night at 9 PM EST/8PM Central on The CW.
•Trend events begin at 6 PM EST and end around 1 AM EST.
•The official hashtag according to Nielsen and Trendrr is STILL #BATB.
•Also remember to only use two hashtags in your tweets, otherwise it is filtered out as spam.
Synopsis: CAT AND VINCENT’S FEELINGS FOR ONE ANOTHER RE-SURFACE — In an effort to track down Sam’s captor, Vincent and Cat have to work together on Valentine’s Day, which forces Cat to evaluate whether she wants to be in a relationship with Gabe.
My thought on this week’s writing team...
Man, was it good to have Sherri and Jenny back. It feels like forever since we’ve seen them. I absolutely adore the way they made the bromance sing and come to life. However, the gal pals were a little off. I also think that there were some nods to what’s going on behind the scenes if you look hard enough. I’m shocked at the choices they made but this show is their baby so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and enjoy what’s left of the ride they’ve planned. The dialogue was top notch and of course they threw in an explosion because well we haven’t had one in a while. I also love how they gave some more wind to the JTnT ship. I like that they opened up the world of the show a little and gave us a few new sets as well as we got to experience a more full day in the life of our favorite characters. I did find the pacing a tad bit off as well as the reveal and motivation but I’m sure there’s more to the story so I’ll wait for the bigger picture to be revealed before I comment fully.
My thoughts on this week’s directorial execution...
Stuart Gillard always brings the best out in everyone when he directs and this week was no exception. I love the mixture of lighting techniques that were employed. I also like that he managed to set a different mood with each and every set change. The way he frames his scenes are kind of genius. In short, I really love when Mr. Gillard directs.
Character of the Night
• Vincent wins this one hands down. I really appreciate that it seems that Vincent is growing as a person, has a handle on his beastly nature and truly wants Cat to be happy even if that means that he can't be with her. I love how Vincent is being a good friend. But honestly, it must be pretty damn annoying to have your ex's new relationship and all your shortcomings constantly rubbed in your face.
Best Character Interactions
• Vincent and JT
• JT and Tess
1. We open the episode with a shot of Sally (Cat’s blue Mustang). What? I have a thing for cars.
2. Vincent is still in big, fluffy, comfy robe
3. I believe Vincent was making his favorite sandwich
4. Cat’s flashbacks of Gabe
5. Team Beastie meeting minus Gabe at the Gentlemen’s Club.
6. Cat’s heart beat when talking about Gabe to Vincent.
7. The precinct’s new boss takes some of Tess’s chocolate.
1. Cat: That actually makes sense considering how the last one ended. No offense.
Vincent: None taken.
2. Tess: The good news is I saved our jobs.
3. Vincent: I like balloons.
4. Vincent: 87? I don’t think Barnes is trying to make octogenarian beasts.
5. JT: What? I watch a lot of CSI.
1. JT gives Vincent a pep talk peppered with ‘Les Miserable’ references.
2. Cat and Vincent chat about Gabe
3. Gabe and Vincent have a chat about Cat
4. Cat and Dana talk about Sam
5. JT confesses to Tess he was the one who sent the flowers, balloons and chocolates.
6. Vincent breaks into Gabe’s apartment.
7. Vincent confronts Gabe about finding the serum in his apartment.
1. Is the gem still safe?
2. When will we meet the guy who is actually pulling the strings?
3. Why are women always made to look the fool because they let the men in their lives pull the wool over their eyes?
4. Why is JT still living in the Gentlemen’s Club?
• The new boss of the 125th precinct is an avatar for Brad Kern (aka an unabashed misogynist)
• Gabe really is the bad guy that is pulling the strings at the highest level and he did all this to throw suspicion off of himself.
• Gabe is still a beast (he’s not even the slightest bit afraid of Vincent).
• Cat and Tess will get fired by the end of the season.
• Cat and Tess’s new boss is the big bad.
• JT + pop culture references.
• Women being blinded by love
• Couples being paired together
Biggest Surprise of the Episode
The JTnT ship is out in the ocean with plenty of wind in its sails.
• Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the cracks in the reflection.
• Gabe’s picture shouldn’t have been up in that office for several reasons. The first reason being he was not a cop.
• I’m tired of all the so called “small gestures” when it comes to VinCat. I’m going to need a grand sweeping gesture pretty damn soon.
• What the hell is Vincent doing in the precinct let alone in an interrogation room?
• Shouldn’t the charge for the tickets to Mexico have specified that there were two of them?
• Nobody is wondering why the serum bottle is more than half empty?
• No one is asking any of the right questions, AGAIN!
• Remember all of that hype for a ‘pregnant bride’? She was an unimportant background actor. SMH.
• Can no one have a happy ending on this show?
• When Sam points to Gabe’s picture while being interrogated.
A little help?
Who is the actor who plays the new commander of the 125th precinct? I know I have seen him in numerous other shows but his name alludes me.
Side Note: I forgot who asked last week but yes, the title was an Arrested Development reference. This week’s title reference is a purposefully misquoted line from William Shakespeare’s ‘Hamlet’.
Last Poll Results - BATB Great Debate #12 - How do you feel about the relationship between Cat and Gabe? A whopping 61% of you responded: It makes no sense and I wish they would stop trying to force it.
This Week’s Poll – BATB Great Debate #13 – Did you secretly want Gabe to actually be the bad guy?
Make sure you vote and comment on this week’s Best Scene Poll as well.
The DVMPE’s Beauty and the Beast Podcast
Facebook Fan Page
Well, now it's your turn to sound off in the comments section below. I look forward to reading your thoughts.
PS: Don't forget to promote this and all positive Beauty and the Beast articles in all the social media you can. For instance be sure to click the like button, retweet this and +1 this article if you like it and appreciate this reviewer's hard work.
Powered by Blogger.