The Infamous Nutty Professor: A fun new Beastie treat
After episode 2x02: Kidnapped aired I was dying to look up the ingredients in that ‘Nutty Professor’ milkshake. I found two very tempting options.
The first one I think I will definitely be making my regular Monday night Beauty and the Beast watch and live tweet treat.
Caution: It’s an adult beverage that contains alcohol.
• 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
• 1 ounce hazelnut liqueur, such as Hiram Walker or Frangelico
• 1 1/4 cups vanilla-bean ice cream
• Whipped Cream
• Almonds (or really any nut of your choosing)
• Chocolate Sprinkles (or any garnish of your choosing)
Place liqueur and liquor in a blender and top with the ice cream. Blend on medium speed until it’s incorporated, about 1 minute. Pour the milkshake into a parfait or tall glass, leaving about an inch at the top for the whipped cream. Top with whipped cream and/or other desired garnish and serve.
The other recipe I found was a healthy treat that I might incorporate into my get ready for ‘Spring Break’ diet plan.
• 1 CUP 1% CHOCOLATE MILK
• 2 TABLESPOONS LOW-FAT VANILLA YOGURT ADD TO SHOPPING LIST
• 1 TABLESPOON FROZEN ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE
• 1/2 BANANA
• 1 TABLESPOON SLICED ALMONDS
• 2 TEASPOONS CHOCOLATE WHEY PROTEIN POWDER
• 2 TEASPOONS GROUND FLAX SEED
• 6 ICE CUBES
1. Blend together any liquid ingredients (milk, yogurt, juice, etc.) and protein powder; this will help break down the grainy powder and make sure it's evenly distributed.
2. Next, add mushy ingredients, like precooked oatmeal and fruit, then add ice at the end.
3. For a thicker shake, you can toss in more ice cubes; you'll add volume without the calories.
CALORIES 172.6 CAL
FAT 3.6 G
SATURATED FAT 1 G
CHOLESTEROL 7.5 MG
SODIUM 93 MG
CARBOHYDRATES 27.4 G
TOTAL SUGARS 21.8 G
DIETARY FIBER 2.8 G
PROTEIN 10 G
Powered by Blogger.